prlgy 30 mg

Granola Meets Grits Card Shop Launch!

September 20, 2012

It is finally time! The last couple of packaging materials I ordered were delivered today, so we are ready to launch the big, new project that I alluded to a few posts ago. I hope y’all like this new venture as much as David and I think we will.

I will spare you a very long, drawn-out story, but I have always loved stationery. Since I was old enough to write, I’ve never been without a box or drawer containing far more notecards than a normal person would accumulate. David and I both tend to be snail-mail sending, sentimental greeting card message-composing, attractive postal stamp-admiring, love-of-the written word kind of people. In fact, we first connected through a matchmaking website, and our relationship sprouted from the ensuing email communication. We still have those carefully-worded messages, in a binder David made for me a few years ago. I always have said that, whatever stigmas are attached to online dating, at least I had the benefit of knowing this man could write a good, solid paragraph when I met him in person!

So in short, I suppose this launch is both a personal and professional adventure for both of us. What is it, you ask? Well, we’ve designed a couple of letterpress greeting cards, had them printed locally by independent businesses, and are ready to share them with you, dear readers, in our brand new Etsy shop! Head on over there and see what you think! At this moment there is only one, but the second should be along shortly. Of course there’s a hopeful possibility of offering more in the future, if you like these first endeavors.

We hope these little sentiments that have touched our hearts over the years will bring some sweetness or inspiration to you and the people you love as well. Happy mailing!

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

Tara September 21, 2012 at 4:22 am

Hi Sharon,
These look great, really cute. Good luck with your Etsy Shop.
Tara

granolagrits September 25, 2012 at 4:35 pm

Thank you so much, Tara! I appreciate your kind words! Hopefully this (and your logo class) will be the beginning of lots more graphic design-related adventures! :) Thank you again for all your Udemy instruction and guidance!!

Gay Katilius September 21, 2012 at 1:07 pm

Sharon and David – congratulations! What an awesome idea, and incredible first product!!! I love it, and look forward to many more creative offerings!

granolagrits September 25, 2012 at 4:36 pm

Thank you so much, AGG! We are so thrilled that you like it! And we definitely hope we will be able to deliver on the more creative offerings part as well! Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. :)

katie September 23, 2012 at 7:02 am

super cute, sharon. i love that card.
i almost ordered a few.
i even got up out of my cozy chair to get my cc.
then i thought i should wait until you list the second card.
i knew if i placed my order now, i would end up being bummed i didn’t wait for number two.

i am excited for you and will enjoy watching you grow your business.
katie

granolagrits September 25, 2012 at 4:43 pm

Oh my gosh, totally know what you mean. Good thinking! The second one should be along any day now… we are just waiting on the printing and shipping, but have all the big stuff out of the way. Hope you like the second one too! But don’t worry if not, I will not be offended if you only order the first. :) Ha! So happy that you like them enough to even consider ordering! And thank you so much for your encouraging words and vicarious e-friend excitement!